For tea time, we mostly like to try something different. Evening time is my favourite time presently! And since it’s raining it gets even better. Few days back I decided to make Soybean Sambusak. Soybean Sambusak is pretty easy to make. It is healthy due to the health benefits of Soybeans. They are high in proteins, excellent source of fibers, Vitamin B2, Vit. k, Omega 3 fatty acids and 8 essential amino acids. Also they are rich in Potassium, Manganese & Iron.
So this is how I made it.
- To make soybean sambusak, first thing you have to do is to soak 1 medium bowl of soybean for 30 mins in water.
- Collect the Ingredients . Take a look at what you will need.
4 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon ginger
2 to 3 chillies
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon Cashew nuts
Fresh Coriander leaves, chopped.
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tomato, cut into small pieces.
1/2 tsp. Pepper powder
Salt to taste
Curry leaves (optional)
1 1/2 cup of refined flour.
1/3 tsp baking powder.
- Now lets make the dough for sambusak outer layer.
Take Refined flour in a mixing bowl. Add salt to taste, butter/oil and baking powder. Mix it all well and using water make the dough. (I took help of my mom to make the dough and I would suggest if you don’t know how to make dough, let pro handle it).
- Move back to soaked soybeans.
- Take them out of water and squeeze out the excess water. Mince them in blender next. Once done, keep it aside.
- Make paste of garlic, chillies and ginger. Keep them aside.
- Take a frying pan and on medium heat, add oil. Add cumin seeds. Once they turn brownish black, add cashew nuts and fry till golden brown. Next put chopped onions and the chilli,ginger and garlic paste. Fry for like 30 seconds and to all of it, add minced soybean and tomatoes.
- Saute for 1 min. Add salt to taste, turmeric powder, pepper powder and coriander leaves.
- Filling is ready.
oh and use some Refined flour and make a sticky paste with it using water to serve as edible gum. we will need it while making the outer layer of Sambusak.
- Roll the dough straight. Keep it like neither thick nor thin. Now paste edible glue that we made earlier at the sides. Fold one of the sides like below.Add filler in between and Join the two ends, seal it properly.
- Heat Oil in frying Fan. Fry the Sambusak till they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
I hope you find it easy to make. You can bake it as well instead of frying.
Enjoy Soybean Sambusak with tea this rainy season.
Five Blogs I follow, feel free to check them out-
Have a Lovely week friends.