Big Hello and a shout out to all my friends who were there for me when I was down. Now that I am sound and healthy, I want to thank you with a big smile which was brought to me by your lovely comments and wishes.
wanted to be back as soon as possible so here I am and I brought something with me. A traditional remedy for sore throat,cold and cough which surprisingly relieved my throat the moment i had it.
Anyways if you are from north India, you might be knowing what Kadha is. For others and I know there are many in others, Kadha is a type of herbal tea made with ginger, pepper, cardamom, basil leaves etc. Guys it is good, it might sound weird but I like it and it really worked. I was also given fenugreek leaves fritters with it. They taste bitter, I hate them but mom said that only bitterness will shoo away bitterness and since my mouth was bitter since few days, I agreed to have them in hope that they will taste good.
Here is the recipe for Kadha –
Tea leaves- 1/2 tsp.
Fresh Basil leaves-2
Pepper crushed- A pinch
Bay leaf- 1
Clove crushed- 2
Ginger crushed- 1/2 tsp.
Sugar or honey
- Heat water and add all ingredients. Allow it to boil for 10 minutes. strain and pour it into a cup, hot.
What other Tea can you have?
- PEPPERMINT TEA- Increases digestion, soothes stomach.
- CHAMOMILE TEA- Reduces sleeplessness and anxiety.
- LEMON TEA- your source for vit. c. controls blood sugar level.
- LAVENDER TEA- Antidepressant, analgesic and antiseptic.
- LEMONGRASS TEA-anti-inflammatory etc.
- CARDAMOM TEA- Digestive aid.
- GINGER TEA
- ROSEHIP TEA-beauty benefits, good source of flavonoids, antioxidants etc.
For more on tea visit The health site.
Health benefits of Kadha-
Reduces Mucus during cold and cough. Improves respiratory function.
Protects stomach wall from acid reactions.
Removes Toxic matter from our body.
Hmm, hoping that you will brew yourself a cup of Kadha next time you have sore throat. That is all for now.
Thanks again for your love, support and lovely wishes.
Loads of loves,
Arohi, xoxo ❤