How are you doing? I am here with Pita pockets recipe, which can be good for snacks and breakfast. what are Pita Pockets? Pita bread is Arabic bread made out of wheat flour using yeast for fermentation. while Pita pockets are the bread which has been cut into two halves and filled with fillings which may vary according to your choice and usually contains beans,meat or veg fillings.
How is your new year going so far? Mine one is acting weird. I am feeling low, 2016 turned out to be not so good for me.Last two days went all gloomy because of the nightmares I had, seriously, what is wrong with my brain. watched movie, Inside out to lighten the mood and then finally thought why not cook something in the eve just to get my mind away from the craps.
May be this year would be crucial for my career and life, may be not but the stress got me well and probably that is the only reason why I had nightmares.
Ah! I know you came to see how to make these Pita Pockets, well sorry, lets put all this aside and start talking about my love, food!
so I present to you Pita Pockets made in evening with help of mom and it was so heavy that I skipped my dinner.
- Cabbage finely cut- 1/2 cup
- soya granules- 1 tablespoon
- Beans finely cut- 1 tablespoon
- carrots finely cut- 1/2 tablespoon
- capsicum cut- 1/2 tablespoon
- Kidney beans boiled- 1 tablespoon
- onion chopped- 1
- chili chopped- 1
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp.
- soya sauce- a little
- salt to taste
- Oil to fry
For Pita bread:
- wheat Flour- 1 cup
- yeast or baking powder
- salt(optional) I didn’t add.
Preparation: Add yeast or baking powder to the flour and make dough of wheat flour. Keep it aside for half an hour. you can keep it overnight or for longer duration for better result,if you wish.
- Heat oil in pan,fry onions and rest of the ingredients for fillers on medium to low heat till they are cooked. Add salt to taste and pepper powder. Keep it aside once done.
- Now heat Tawa or frying pan. Take a small portion of dough, make it round and flatten the dough into a 1 to 2 cm thick circle.
- Bake both sides for few minutes till it rises.
- once done, cut it into half, fill your fillers and serve it hot.
Bon Appetit ❤