Ah! Hi guys,
I present to you a dish I was talking about in my last post. Been a while I posted any recipe and I am glad I could make Veg Mozzarella cheese Arancini with Twist.
Wondering what is the Twist? Hehe, it is the veg twist I gave it. Arancini is usually made in chicken stock.
one more change that i had to do was the rice, i used basmati rice instead of Arborio rice which is used in Arancini, yeah It was an alternative approach since I did not have Arborio rice .
what other alternatives can you use? Here you go-
About Arancini: Arancini are stuffed rice balls, coated with breadcrumbs, which are fried. They are usually filled with ragù, mozzarella, and peas.(wiki)
This is how I made it :
Veg Mozzarella cheese Arancini with twist
Butter- 2 tsp.
Finely chopped onion-1
Chili finely chopped-1
Red chili powder- 1 tsp.
Pepper Powder- ½ tsp
Arborio rice or any alternatives- ½ cup
Vegetable stock- 2 to 3 cup
Salt to taste
Saffron- a pinch
Fresh Mozzarella cheese- 2 cubes
Breadcrumbs- 1 cup
- In a pan, heat butter with a 1 tsp of oil and fry onions. Now add rice once onions are light brown and cook for a minute.
- Add the stock, pepper powder, red chili powder, green chili, saffron, salt to taste and allow the rice to be cooked until they are soft. Drain the remaining water if any.
- Allow it to cool by spreading it on a tray. Then, add ½ cup breadcrumbs to it and mix it well.
- Take a cube of Mozzarella cheese and cut it into small square pieces (2 cm each) .
- Make balls of rice and press the cheese in between, properly covering it all around with the rice ball.
- Make the balls carefully, you can use water to wet hands .
- Use the left breadcrumbs to coat the balls all over with it.
- Keep it aside. Heat oil in frying pan and then fry each arancini in enough oil. Oil should be hot enough and should cover half of the arancini. Be quick and fry carefully so that they do not break.
- Now, take them out and serve them hot with sauce or dip of your choice.
OPTIONAL : you can mince vegetables, fry them and add to the rice before making balls, be sure they are minced and mixed well.
Note: Extra care should be taken while frying arancini. Also Arancini balls can be wrapped in plastic wrappers and stored in fridge before frying them. J you can also add parmesan cheese, I have not added them. This recipe was inspired from the recipe of Arancini available on internet . (source:pinterest)
This was my first attempt and I think honestly it needs improvement. Hmm, I used vegetables minced, you can do that but it makes it bit risky for the binding thing and requires you to be extra careful while frying.
Btw, it tasted good. 🙂 Do give it a try and I will certainly share my next improved Arancini. Loves and loads of it ❤ ,