confused by the big name? I can understand but again, I could not come up with a better name for this dish. so let me explain the name first –
Boat- Because the aubergine/eggplant/brinjal looks like a boat after scooping out the content, see below.
And the Filling inside the boat is soya granules and vegetables. Check the recipe below for details.
Um, did you know Aubergine water is healthy and makes you lose your belly fat. yeah they do. They contain antioxidants, fibers minerals and vitamins. Soya granules are healthy as well. Ready to try this healthy and tasty recipe? Let’s begin then-
- Aubergine/ eggplant- 1
- soya granules- 1/2 cup
- Beans chopped- 1
- Carrot chopped- 1/2
- salt to taste
- Fresh cheese mashed- 1 tablespoon
- Refined flour- 1 cup
- Onion chopped- 1
- Green chili chopped- 2
- Pepper powder- a pinch
- soya sauce- 1/3 tsp.
- Baking powder- 1/4 tsp.
- Cut aubergine into half and scoop out the content from between and sides, do not keep it thick , not even on sides. Keep aside the scooped out aubergine and cut into thin pieces.
- Now boil soya granule for 30 secs, drain water, squeeze and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan, fry together the pieces of scooped out aubergine we kept earlier, fresh cheese, chopped chili,onion, carrot,beans and soya granules.
- Add salt to taste and pepper powder. once the vegetables are well cooked, take it out and keep it aside.
- Now take the Aubergine we kept earlier and fill the fillings we just prepared.
- Make dough of refined flour,salt and baking powder. Flatten it and then cut 2 cm wide approx. and 5 cm long approx. pieces.
- Use them to cover the upper portion of the filled aubergine. seal it around the sides as well.
- Either bake it or fry it. Serve it hot.
Note: After you scoop out the content, do marinate the aubergine with a pinch of salt, apply it in inner part.
Thank you, do give it a try and comment below.