Spring rolls are chinese dish. It tastes just like any other roll. Stuffing can very much depend on you, If you like meat you can replace veg with meat. I stuffed it with mixture of vegetables and noodles. It makes a good snacks for evening.
- 1/2 chopped cabbage
- 1 carrot chopped
- Green chili- chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- Noodles boiled- 1/2 cup
- soya sauce-1/2 tsp
- Tomato sauce- 1 tsp
- Red chili powder (optional)
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Refined Flour- 1 cup
- cornflour-1/2 cup
- In a pan, heat oil and Fry the vegetables and noodles. Add sauces, salt when the vegetables are well cooked.
- Keep it aside.
- Make batter of cornflour and refined flour. Add salt to taste.
- Take a pan, grease the surface well with oil and pour 2 tablespoon of batter to make pancakes.cook it on both sides.
- Now take each pancake and put the filling at one end. Fold it bringing the end of the pancake towards the centre and seal so that the filling is sealed inside.
- Fold both sides so that they meet in centre. It should make a rectangle.
- Now roll the entire pancake into a roll.
- Fry the rolls in oil till golden brown. cut it into two pieces and serve it hot with tomato sauce. You can garnish it with cabbage and tomatoes like above.
You might have noticed the tomato in middle that i used for decorating. well I have used a small lighted candle inside the tomato. I took a tomato and cut the upper portion but did not remove it and kept it attached. Took out the tomato contents and then placed a lighted candle in the bottom.