We need never be ashamed of our tears- Charles Dicken
crying! We cry when we are sad, we cry when we are happy,this emotional overflow occurs to each one of us at some or other point. While some of us cry our eyes out when we are hurt, some choose to not express this feeling and keep the bitterness inside buried. This is wrong. Here’s why-
- When we cry, we feel relieved, whatever and however big the pain might be,crying calms you down.
“I want to weep, she thought. I want to be comforted. I’m so tired of being strong. I want to be foolish and frightened for once. Just for a small while, that’s all….a day…..an hour.”
― George R.R. Martin,
- Tears produced during crying, cleans your eyes. They lubricate.
“Those who do not weep, do not see”- Victor Hugo
- Tears are antibacterial. Lysozymes Present in tears kill bacteria.
- crying lowers the stress and elevates mood.
“Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don’t know how to laugh either”
― Golda Meir
- Crying helps you cope with the frustration and anxiety
- They also help you sleep afterwards and thus when you wake up you feel a bit better.
So my dearies whenever you are sad, hurt or in pain, cry your eyes out. They will do you no harm.There is nothing wrong with expression of emotions. It is natural.
“Life is like an onion; you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.”
― Carl Sandburg