One of the most loved Indo-chinese food,Chili Gobi happens to be healthy and simple.Made from crispy cauliflower florets fried in cornflour batter and spicy mix of sauces and spices, Chilli Gobi is ideal for winters for its sizzling hot and spicy taste.Chilli Gobi gravy can be served as main dish while dry chili Gobi is usually served as a side dish.
- Cauliflower- 1 medium sized
- Capsicum,cut into square pieces- 2
- Carrots cut into thin or small pieces- 1
- Onion,cut into square such that each onion makes four piece-2
- Chili,cut in middle-3 to 4
- Red chili powder- 1 tsp.
- Ginger, crushed or chopped- 1 tsp.
- Garlic cloves chopped – 2
- Corn flour- 1 cup
- Black pepper- 1 tsp.
- Soya sauce- 1 tablespoon
- Tomato sauce- 1/2 cup
- Tomato chopped- 1
- Oil (soy or olive)
- salt to taste.
- sugar- 1 tsp
- Take florets of cauliflower and dip them into the batter of cornflour.
- To make batter of cornflour you may either use water or warm water or add refined flour to it and add water to make a semi thick batter.
- Add the florets to the batter and cover them well in the batter.
- Heat oil in pan and fry them well till golden brown and crispy.
- In a pan, heat oil, saute the chopped vegetables, garlic and Ginger. Add salt, sugar and the sauces. Add cauliflower florets. To make a rich and thicker gravy you can add a little cornflour and water to it.
- Serve it hot with fried rice.
BON APPETIT 🙂