Most of you might not be knowing about these. I am sharing this traditional recipe today as many of my friends are crazy about thekua which is made as Prasad in one of the festivals celebrated in some parts of India. Though I am not sweet frenzy,I do not have an affinity towards Thekua.Many friends often ask about how it is made. My mother, grandmother and aunts make it occasionally for festivals,so I asked mom and my aunt to make few for this blog post and I am sharing the recipe here. To know more about Thekua click here.
Makes 6 thekua.
Preparation time: 10 mins. Cooking time:10 mins.
- whole wheat flour- 4 cups
- Ghee or clarified butter- 1 tablespoon
- Jaggery( you may use sugar as well)- 150 gm.
- Dry fruits(optional)
- Dry coconut grated(optional)
- Make dough of all the ingredients except oil.
- Divide it into small round portions.
- Either use a mould or cookie cutter or your hands to flatten it, keep it thick.
- Heat oil in skillet and fry till brown on both sides.
- serve it hot.
Note- you can store it for several days.