Palak Pakoda “spinach fritters” Recipe
Its winter, best time to have crispy crunchy pakoda( fritters) with tea and it happens to be my ideal snacks for the winter evenings and rainy days.
This is easy to make and will be finished fast once served, i assure you. 🙂
Take a quick look at the health benefits of spinach–
- Finely cut fresh spinach leaves- 2 medium bowl
- chopped onion- 2 medium sized
- chopped Green chili- 3
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- pepper powder- 1/2 tsp.
- garlic- 2 cloves
- ginger- 1 tsp.
- oil for frying
- chickpeas flour- 1 cup
- carom seeds- 1/2 tsp.
Now that you have all the ingredients, wash the spinach leaves well before adding to the batter. Mince or grind garlic and ginger. keep them aside, Let’s start.
- Take a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of spinach leaves. Add rest of the ingredients to it except oil. add water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in frying pan, with hands take small portion of batter and drop them carefully in the oil, fry them on medium heat till they are golden brown.
- serve them hot with spicy tomato/chilli sauce or chutneys or dips.
Bon appetit ❤