Poha with Potato curry is a quick and easy dish which can serve both as a breakfast and evening snacks. It is made of flattened rice. You can add tomatoes, green chili, dry fruits, peanuts and coriander leaves to poha. some people add potato as well, since i was making mashed potato curry i didn’t add potatoes. I do not like tomatoes in poha.you can add them if you want.
Let me tell you quickly how to make Poha –
Things you will need are –
serves: 3 Time taken : 15 minutes.
- Beaten rice or chewra- 3 cups
I am sure they are available everywhere, you can find it on amazon as well. They look like this- (source- wikipedia)
- chopped onions – 2
- chopped Green chilli – 2
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- Raw peanuts
- Curry leaves
- step 1- wash beaten rice and keep it aside.
- step-2 – In a pan, heat oil, add curry leaves, mustard seeds and allow them to crackle, now add raw peanuts and stir fry them till their skin darkens,add the remaining ingredients except beaten rice to it.
- once the onions have turned golden brown, add beaten rice and you are done. Garnish with coriander leaves if you want.
I served it with partially mashed potato curry. Here is the recipe for the curry–
- Boiled potatoes
- cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- cumin powder 1 tsp
- curry powder 1/2 tsp
- pepper powder 1/3 tsp
- Green chilli, Garlic, Ginger paste- 1 tsp.
- onion chopped- 2
- Turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Mash partially the boiled potatoes, keep it aside.
- Make paste of chilli, garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds, once they sizzle add onions, when it turns golden brown, add the remaining ingredients.
- Add partially mashed potatoes and 1 cup water.
- cook it on medium heat till the curry thickens a bit, do not make it too dry.
we are done.Enjoy your poha with potato curry.
Bon Appetit. ♥