spinach always reminds me of Popeye.we all know how healthy it is.I have here the recipe for the traditional Indian spinach saag which i am sure you will love eating, paratha made of onion and bread balls. Bread balls are small round balls made of bread stuffed with potatoes. serves as a good evening snacks.
Bread Balls Recipe
For 2 people.
- Boiled Potatoes- 2
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 chili
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
- coriander leaves (optional)
- salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- pepper powder 1/2 tsp.
- Make paste of garlic and chili.
- Mash boiled potatoes.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and sizzle the mustard seeds.
- Add chili garlic paste, salt to taste, chopped onion, turmeric, cumin and pepper powder.
- After a min. add mashed potato and cook it for a min. on low heat.keep it aside to cool.
- Make small balls of the potatoes we kept aside earlier to cool down.
- Take a slice of bread and cut out the brown ends.Dip it in water and press it keeping in between your palms to squeeze out the water.
- wrap the bread around the balls carefully.
- Heat oil in pan and fry the balls till golden brown.
- serve it hot with coconut chutney.
Yum it is best to have these balls in evening with tea. Lets make the dinner menu now 🙂
For onion paratha, you need
- wheat flour 2 cup
- Roasted gram flour 1 cup
- chopped onion – 2
- chopped green chili – 1
- carom seeds 1 tsp
- salt to taste
- Add gram flour to wheat flour, add carom seeds, chopped onion and chili, 1 tsp of butter. Add water and make dough.
- Heat tawa, make small balls of the dough and roll in on floured surface using rolling pins into round chapatis.
- Apply butter to the chapatis once they are cooked on both sides. serve it hot with spinach saag which we are going to make next.
- Finely cut spinach leaves- 1 medium sized bowl.
- cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- chopped tomato- 1
- chopped onion- 1
- Butter- 1 tbsp.
- salt to taste.
- cumin powder 1 tsp.
- 2 cloves of Garlic and 2 green chili paste.
- Boil the cut spinach leaves in water. Grind it to paste. Keep it aside.
- In a add butter and cumin seeds, once it turns dark brown, add chopped onion and tomato.Fry till onion is golden brown.
- Add the garlic chilli paste and cumin powder and cook for a min.
- Now add spinach, salt to taste and fry it well for 2 mins. mixing and blending all the ingredients together.
- we are done! serve it hot with the parathe we made earlier. 🙂
Do give it a try. you will love it. i slightly burned the bread balls maybe but make sure they are golden brown when you take them out. ❤