Gajar ka Halwa is a delicious sweet dessert pudding made in India and other parts of central Asia. It is quite easy to make and tastes great although use of milk and sugar makes it full of calories and carbs, it also provides Vitamin A, sodium and potassium.During wintertime, Gajar ka halwa is quite common in our kitchen, Mom makes them often and even if am not sweet frenzy i like eating gajar ka halwa, you can store it in refrigerator for almost a week but whenever you serve it,serve it hot!so lets make it 🙂
Recipe for Gajar ka halva/halwa :
serves : 5 to 6, cooking time :45 mins. , prep. time : 15 mins.
- 6 to 7 grated carrots
- condensed milk or khoya 1 cup/ 2 cups milk if you do not have condensed milk or khoya.
- Ghee/butter 2 tbsp.
- Dry fruits 1/2 cup (cashew nuts, raisin,pistachio)
- sugar 1 cup or if you want it to be too sweet, add 1/2 cup more!
- cardamom powder 1/2 tsp.
- wash the carrots and peel of the skin. Grate the carrots using food processor or grater.
- In a thick bottomed pan, heat ghee and fry the carrot for 3 mins. on low heat.
- add condensed milk or milk and cook it till carrot softens and milk/condensed milk is evaporated a bit. keep stirring in between.
- add sugar,dry fruits and cardamom powder. cook till the carrot changes its color to slight brownish red and milk thickens. Mix it all well and serve it hot. should look like this.
Bon appetit!! ❤
Thank you 🙂 🙂