They taste delicious, nothing extraordinary about them, they are just like any other roll except they are healthier, quick and easy to make. one can make Rolls in variety of ways, in different flavors, sweet,sour or spicy! I made spicy long beans and cucumber rolls and sour carrot and lemon pickle roll!
- Long beans/asparagus bean/chinese bean or beans, cut into pieces which should not be less than 3 cm.
- cucumber,cut into slices
- salt to taste
- chilli flakes/green chilli
- pepper powder
- chilli powder
- tomato cut into small pieces or puree or Ketchup
- chopped onion
- Flour( i used wheat flour) for dough
- add salt,pepper powder to the flour and make dough of it.
- Now in a pan heat oil and deep fry the slices of cucumber and long beans separately.
- Roll the dough with rolling pin straight like below and top it with the fried long beans and cucumber, add a pinch of pepper powder,salt to taste,chopped onion and tomatoes,chillies or chilli flakes, add ketchup if you wish and fresh mint leaves or coriander leaves.
- start wrapping the rolled out dough around the ingredients. pinch to seal the end.
- Either bake for 10 to 15 mins. or fry them until golden brown and serve it hot with dip or you can have it as it is, makes an amazing quick snack.
- Note- you can twist the taste as desired, add cheese, fresh salad leaves, fresh spinach leaves or shredded cabbage .
- To make sour carrot rolls, use lemon pickle and cut them into slices, you can also use vinegar. The process is same except for the carrot rolls you add carrots and lemon pickle instead of beans!! 🙂
Thank you , do give it a try!! 🙂