Now who doesnt love veg biryani,its spicy,contains rice and vegetables and lots of “garam masala″ ,how did i make this mouth watering dish,let me tell you 🙂
1.Basmati Rice-1/2 kg
4.pointed gourd “parwal”-2 to 3
6.cashew nut-100 gm
7.bay leaf-2 to 3
8.green coriander leaves
12.red chilli powder
13.Garam masala powder
14.Garam masala-nutmeg cloves cardamom cinnamom
15.cumin powder and seeds
first of all,wash the Basmati rice,it is 3/4th cooked in water,in pressure cooker with nutmeg,cloves,cinnamom,cardamom!
Now cut all the vegetable in small pieces and wash it.
- take one teaspoon of cumin powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder,pepper powder,2 teaspoon garam masala powder,garlic paste,Make a paste using water.
- heat the Fry pan,pour oil,put bay leaf 2 to 3,chopped onions,cumin seeds and fry the vegatables,add 1 teaspoon of salt and turmeric powder and the spices paste made earlier once the vegetables are brown.
cook for 5 mins
- once again fry and keep aside the chopped onions in butter to golden brown in color and cashew nuts as well
- soak kesar in water.
- take the pressure cooker,apply oil at base and put the rice and vegatables in layer by layer,add kesar soaked water and the fried cashew nut,onion,chopped coriander leaves.
- cook on low fire,for 5 mins and serve it hot!!